Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another wake up

Today I learned that a man that I went to high school with was killed in a car accident. He was not a close friend, as I do not even remember the last time I ever saw or talked to him. As I look at his facebook page I do wish that I would have built a relationship with him. When half of you're friends have status updates related to grieving his loss or praying for his family, you know he will be missed and he was definitely loved. Unfortuneately, it is instances like this one that give people wake up calls on life. It is instances like this one that remind us that we sometimes take this time on Earth for granted, because we never know when one moment might be our last. As my old man likes to say "People are too concerned about the end of the world, when it is the end o f the world for many people every day". Pray for Brian Stapp's family. Pray for his fiance. These people have lost a bright light in their life, at a time when he will be missed the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment